Printable List of All 2020 Democratic Candidates HERE
Get Your Absentee Ballot Now!!!
Call Alamance Board of Elections for an
“Absentee Ballot Request Form”
1-Complete immediately upon receipt.
2-Return by Mail or take to Alamance Board of
Elections at 115 S. Maple Street, Graham from 8 AM to 5
PM Monday through Friday. ( No Drop Boxes in NC)
3-Mail out of ballots starts SEPTEMBER 4.
4-Complete Ballot ASAP upon Receipt.
a. Follow Instructions Very Carefully. HERE
b. Make Sure You Have One Witness.
c. Make Certain Envelope Certification is Signed!
If you are going to wait to fill your ballot out in the last 2 weeks of October please plan on dropping it off IN PERSON, at the Alamance Board of Elections
Absentee voters must vote on their ballot in the presence of one witness. A witness must also sign the absentee return envelope.
Unsolicited absentee ballot request forms?
Center for Voter Information
Many of us have received unsolicited absentee ballot request forms from the Center for Voter Information. These forms are valid and you can go ahead and send yours in today!
North Carolina State Board of Elections gives 12 reasons why absentee voting is safe.
Here are 12 reasons why absentee by-mail voting is a safe way to vote according to the state’s Board of Elections:
- Election officials send ballots only to registered voters who request them using official request forms.
- The voter or their near relative must fill out and sign the request form. Required information includes the voter’s date of birth and the voter’s driver’s license number or last four digits of their Social Security number.
- Fraudulently or falsely completing the form is a Class I felony.
- In 2020, voters must vote on their ballot in the presence of one witness. The witness must sign the absentee return envelope, certifying that the voter marked their ballot and is the registered voter submitting the ballot.
- Only the voter or their near relative or legal guardian may return the ballot. County boards of elections keep a log of who drops off absentee ballots.
- Upon return, the county board of elections reviews the absentee envelope to ensure compliance with the legal requirements.
- Once the ballot is accepted, that voter is marked in the system as having voted in that election. If that voter tries to vote in person, poll workers will know the person has already submitted an absentee ballot.
- Data on who has requested absentee ballots is now confidential until Election Day. This reduces the ability of third parties to attempt to tamper with ballots, as they will not know who has requested a ballot or when ballots are sent out.
- Criminal penalties have been increased for absentee voting fraud-related offenses.
- Many people are watching North Carolina’s absentee voting process, including candidates, political parties, county boards of elections, political and data scientists and the media. If there are anomalies or questionable activities, they will be reported to election officials.
- The State Board Investigations Division, which has a dedicated team of experienced investigators, investigates credible allegations of election fraud and refers cases to prosecutors when warranted by the evidence.
- The State Board conducts post-election audits which will catch inconsistencies which can then be investigated by the board or the Investigations Division.
Begins Thursday, October 15, 2020
Alamance County Office Annex Building 201 W. Elm St., Graham, NC 27253
Mebane Arts and Community Center 622 Corregidor St., Mebane, NC 27302
Holly Hill Mall 309 Huffman Mill Rd., Burlington, NC 27215
Kernodle Senior Activities Center 1535 S. Mebane St., Burlington, NC 27215
Elmira Community Center 810 Wicker St., Burlington, NC 27217
Dates & Hours
October 15 – 16 Thursday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
October 17 Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
October 18 Sunday 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
October 19 – 23 Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
October 24 Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
October 26- October 30 Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
October 31 Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Check Your Voter Registration!
You can do same day voter registration or make changes to your voter registration during early voting.
Check your Voter Registration HERE
If you have a NC driver’s license or DMV-issued ID, you can also update your voter registration or register to vote at the link HERE.