Our elected officials make decisions about our healthcare, taxes, judges, schools and much more! Remember to vote the whole ballot. The local offices will be toward the end of the ballot.
When do we vote?
Primary Election Day: March 3, 2020
Vote for the candidates you want to see on your ballot Election Day, Noverber 3, 2020
Here is a link to the Democraic Candidate Slate
Election Day: November 3, 2020
Vote for President, US House of Representatives, US Senate, NC Governor, NC State and local elections.
Who can Vote?
- NC Citizens who will be 18 by the November 3, 2020 General election.
- Citizens who have completed the terms of a felony sentence, including any restitution, probation or parole.
- You must be a NC resident for at least 30 days as of the Election Day.
- 16 and 17 year-old NC citizens may pre-register to vote in the next election that occurs after they turn 18.
Registering to vote
Special Options for Military & Overseas Voting
Check with the Federal Voting Assistance Program here: FVAP
There are 3 Ways to Vote!
1. On Election Day in person.
You must vote in your assigned polling place. Find your assigned polling place/precinct here: NCVotersearch
2. Early Voting in person
-Alamance County Office Annex Building, 201 West Elm St., Graham
-Mebane Arts Center, 622 Corregidor St., Mebane
-Holly Hill Mall, 309 Huffman Mill Rd., Burlington
Dates & Times:
Thursday February 13 – Friday February 14 8am – 7:30pm
Monday February 17 – Friday February 21 8am – 7:30pm
Saturday February 22 – 10 am- 5pm
Monday February 24 – Friday February 28 8am – 7:30pm
Saturday February 29 – 8am- 3pm
Saturday February 29, 2020 is THE LAST DAY FOR ONE STOP & EARLY VOTING
Vote at early voting sites more info here
3. Absentee by Mail
Complete an absentee ballot and mail it to the Alamance County Board of Elections BEFORE election Day.
- Complete the State Absentee Ballot Request Form here.
- Return request form to Alamance County Board of Elections no later than 5pm on the Tuesday before the election.
- You will recieve your absentee ballot in the mail.
- Complete the absentee ballot and other required paperwork.
- Ballot must be postmarked no later than Election Day.
For more information contact Alamance County Board of Elections (336) 570 6755 or contact ACBoE