Our elected officials make decisions about our healthcare, taxes, judges, schools and much more! Remember to vote the whole ballot. The local offices will be toward the end of the ballot.
Who can Vote?
- NC Citizens who will be 18 by the November 3, 2020 General election.
- Citizens who have completed the terms of a felony sentence, including any restitution, probation or parole.
- You must be a NC resident for at least 30 days as of the Election Day.
- 16 and 17 year-old NC citizens may pre-register to vote in the next election that occurs after they turn 18.
- Check your Voter registration HERE
Registering to vote
How to Register Deadline for Regular voter registration is Friday October 9, 2020
General Election Day: November 3, 2020
Here is a link to the Democratic Candidate Slate
Vote for President, US House of Representatives, US Senate, NC Governor, NC State and local elections.
There are 3 Ways to Vote!
1. Absentee by Mail
It’s not too early to get your absentee ballot.
- Here is a link to request an absentee ballot form in North Carolina. You can also call our local Board of Elections at (336)570-6755 and ask that they send you an absentee ballot request form.
- Return request form to Alamance County Board of Elections no later than 5pm on the Tuesday before the election. But please don’t wait that long! The Board of Elections staff is small and will be very busy close to the election.
- You will recieve your absentee ballot in the mail.
- Complete the absentee ballot and other required paperwork.
- Ballot must be postmarked no later than Election Day. Again, please don’t wait until the very last minute to do this.
Complete an absentee ballot and mail it to the Alamance County Board of Elections BEFORE election Day.
2. Early Voting in person
-Alamance County Office Annex Building, 201 West Elm St., Graham
-Mebane Arts Center, 622 Corregidor St., Mebane
-Holly Hill Mall, 309 Huffman Mill Rd., Burlington
Vote at early voting sites more info HERE
3. On Election Day in person.
You must vote in your assigned polling place. Find your assigned polling place/precinct here: NCVotersearch
Dates & Times:
Early voting begins October 15 and runs trhough October 31, 2020
For more information contact Alamance County Board of Elections (336) 570 6755 or contact ACBoE
Special Options for Military & Overseas Voting
Check with the Federal Voting Assistance Program here: FVAP