Our elected officials make decisions about our healthcare, taxes, judges, schools and much more! Remember to vote the whole ballot. The local offices will be toward the end of the ballot.
Who can Vote?
- NC Citizens who will be 18 by the date of the election.
- Citizens who have completed the terms of a felony sentence, including any restitution, probation or parole.
- You must be a NC resident for at least 30 days as of the Election Day.
- 16 and 17 year-old NC citizens may pre-register to vote in the next election that occurs after they turn 18.
- Check your Voter registration HERE
Registering to vote
How to Register Deadline for Regular voter registration is Friday October 9, 2020
Election Day: 2021
Here is a link to the Democratic Candidate Slate ( When available)
Vote for President, US House of Representatives, US Senate, NC Governor, NC State and local elections.
There are 3 Ways to Vote!
1. Absentee by Mail
The Board of Elections will begin mailing out Absentee ballots September 4, 2020
- NC Board of Election Absentee Voting information HERE
- Apply for you Absentee Ballot NOW! FORM HERE
- The Board of Elections will begin mailing out ballots _____ you can vote as soon as you have your ballot.
- After you request a ballot, please allow a week to 10 days for it to get to you. If you do not receive your ballot within that time, contact your county board of elections.
- We recommend that all absentee ballots are completed and returned to the Board of Election as soon as possible.
- There will be a tracking code on the envelopes provided with the ballots.
- If you are going to use the USPS to mail your ballot back, we recommend that you mail it no later than Oct 15.
- Your absentee ballot MUST be returned in the provided envelope.
- Are you going to mail your completed ballot back or deliver it in person (close family members may bring your ballot for you) at the Alamance Board of Elections office at 115 South Maple St, Graham.
- You can return completed ballots at all Early & One-Stop locations but you must wait in the line to do so.
- There will not be any “drop-off boxes” in NC. Ballots MUST be postmarked by ___
2. Early and One Stop Voting
Not available yet
–Alamance County Office Annex Building, 201 West Elm St., Graham
–Mebane Arts Center, 622 Corregidor St., Mebane
–Holly Hill Mall, 309 Huffman Mill Rd., Burlington
–Kernodle Center, 1535 S Mebane St, Burlington
–Elmira Community Center, 810 Wicker St., Burlington, NC 27217
Dates & Hours
Vote at early voting sites more info HERE
3. On Election Day in person.
You must vote in your assigned polling place. Find your assigned polling place/precinct here: NCVotersearch
For more information contact Alamance County Board of Elections (336) 570 6755 or contact ACBoE
Special Options for Military & Overseas Voting
Check with the Federal Voting Assistance Program here: FVAP